Kitchens and Washrooms with great design and aesthetic appeal are essential aspects of modern homes. The year 2021 is expected to bring even more innovations in this area as people would supposedly be spending more time in their respective houses. As more and more people are exploring their culinary skills, kitchens have become their favourite mini picnic spot. A spacious kitchen built keeping ergonomics in mind is complemented very well by a good kitchen countertop. All of these add to make your cooking experience enjoyable and worthwhile. Similarly, a wise selection of your washroom countertops can give it a look that stands out. Let us look at some of the Washroom/Bathroom Countertops options that promise to be trendy in 2021.
- Quartz & Quartzite Countertops: Quartz countertops are increasingly becoming most sought-after choice for Kitchen Countertops. Quartz is actually a natural stone; however, it is engineered to make it a great choice for your countertops/worktops which proves to be even more durable than Granite & Marble. These countertops are made in such a way that they become scratch resistant and non-porous. Since they are non-absorbent, they do not pick up stains. Apparently, they require almost no maintenance. Also, you have plethora of choices when it comes to choosing the colors, patterns and tones of quartz countertops. A great choice is certainly a boost to your luxurious and stylish living. Please note however that they are not a good option for outdoor kitchens because they would gradually loose colors under the sun. Quartzite Countertops are also used extensively; however, they are different from Quartz in a way that they are not engineered and are natural stones like granite & marble. Quartzite is formed through natural pressure and heating and is made up of more than 90% of quartz. While it is quite hard, it is also porous in nature that means it can absorb liquids and pick up stains. Also, complex quartzite installations prove to be costlier because natural stones require customized cutting due to extra hardness. Hence, it is more likely that Quartz would be preferred over Quartzite Countertops.
- Porcelain Countertops: Americans are always in lookout for a different and yet stylish surface for their countertops. As a result, Porcelain Countertops are now becoming increasingly popular in America. They have already been among coveted countertop options in the Europe. Non-porous ceramic clay is baked in extremely high temperatures to produce porcelain countertops. This makes them resistant to scratches, cracks, heat, and UV rays. Considering that they are protected from UV rays, they are a good option for outdoor kitchens as well. Porcelain Countertops patterns are not as deep as granite and marble countertops though. Also, since they mostly imported from Europe, they may not provide a very good value for money when compared to quartz countertops. However, it will continue to remain in demand due to its uniqueness.
- Soapstone Countertops: Soapstone Countertops are high quality and low maintenance countertop options. Soapstone is again a natural stone made from quarried stones and there are lesser color options to choose from and yet it offers stunning design options. The color options vary from white to charcoal and there aren’t any pink, blue or green options available. Soapstone is non-porous and hard that make it scratch and stain resistant and it would not even develop cracks easily. Considering that they assure you of 20+ years of durability, they certainly become an in-vogue option for your kitchen and washroom countertops.
- Marble Countertops: Marbles are very commonly used as kitchen and washroom countertops. Marbles are metamorphic rocks, and they attain a crystalline nature because of their formation through re-crystallization. This makes them suitable for polishing. Their stunning looks and ultra-durability make them timeless, classic and much coveted as Kitchen and Washroom countertops. However, they are softer than granite and more porous in nature that makes them more vulnerable to picking stains and scratches. Still, their costs-effectiveness will keep them in demand as always.
- Granite Countertops: Granite’s popularity might have reduced a little because of Quartz; however, it continues to remain popular. While Granite Kitchen Countertops are a commonplace, Granite bathroom countertops are also very extensively sought after. This natural stone is exceptionally durable and heat resistant. It also boasts of various colors and textures and easily available in black, blue, green, and red etc. Hence, there is no dearth of options to choose from and their budget friendliness is a plus. They do require sealing from time to time though as they are porous in nature. Still, they will continue to offer a great alternative and bring great value to your home.